UT, rather than University of Tennessee, is acceptable on first reference when the full name of the university is apparent to the reader. Lowercase “the” when the full name of the Institute appears in running text.
- The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture is hosting . . .
- The UT Institute of Agriculture provides . . .
- A researcher with the UT Institute of Agriculture . . .
Both UTIA and the Institute are acceptable on second reference. Do not use “the UTIA.”
Real. Life. Solutions.
The brand promise of the UT Institute of Agriculture. In display text, each word of the brand promise is capitalized and followed by a period and a single space. In running text, both stylized and non-stylized versions are acceptable. Use good judgment in determining which is warranted.
- The UT Institute of Agriculture provides Real. Life. Solutions. for Tennesseans.
- The real-life solutions provided would be an integral part of the grant.