UTIA Family, please refer utk.edu/coronavirus for the latest updates and student information. For UTIA-specific resources, please visit utia.tennessee.edu/coronavirus .

Frequently Asked Questions about Extension Publications

If you do not see the answer to your question below, contact our office at utiamarketing@tennessee.edu or 865-974-7141.

The Marketing and Communications team adheres to the guidelines established by the Extension publications manual, which are put in place by the Extension dean’s office. This manual is available online.

Extension publications can be submitted for design and review through the online project request form and should be accompanied with a publication authorization form signed by the appropriate department head.

For best practices, update Extension publications every three years. To submit a revision, email the publication number, changes to be made, and an updated, signed publication authorization form to utiaprojects@tennessee.edu.

Extension publications are free to access and print from UT Extension’s online catalog. Print copies of publications are available online to purchase as well. For assistance accessing Extension publications, contact your county UT Extension office or email utiapubs@utk.edu.

To author an Extension publication, UTIA faculty members must have an Extension appointment or be working with a co-author who has an Extension appointment.

All Extension publications need a publication authorization form, with the exception of departmental publications (D pubs).

The UTIA Office of Marketing and Communications manages requests for projects and has several lead times for different projects listed on their website.